Teaching Artist Profile
Trumpeter & Arranger Chandler Judkins has worked with some of the biggest names in entertainment including: Ben Vereen, Marvin Hamlish, Wayne Newton, Ron Carter, Monty Alexander, Ravi Coltrane, Kenny Burrell, James Moody, Phil Woods, Wayne Bergeron, Walter Cronkite, James Darren, Joshua Bell, Lance Burton, Marlena Shaw, Tony Orlando, Cab Calloway Orchestra, Harvey Mason, and the Tito Puente (Jr & Sr) Orchestras. He worked in Las Vegas as a full time musician for 15 years and his showroom experience spans countless wold class venues with shows such as “The Rat Pack is Back,” The Wayne Newton Orchestra, and the “Best Show in LV” with Franky Moreno at the Stratosphere Hotel.
Chandler holds a B.A. in Classical Trumpet Performance & Music Education and a M.M. in Jazz Studies from the University of Nevada, Las Vegas where he played lead trumpet in the award-winning (Jazz Times, Downbeat) “Jazz Ensemble I”. Chandler even played a duet with world-renowned trumpeter Wayne Bergeron. DownBeat Magazine says “Chandler went toe to toe with Wayne”. He was then recruited as adjunct Jazz Trumpet Professor at the Juilliard School of Music’s extension program at Snow College, UT. He taught a full studio and helped develop their Commercial Music Bachelor Degree.
From 2017 to 2019 Chandler lended his expertise to Carnival Cruise Line as Music Manager on 4 ships. Chandler also wrote the horn section book for the entire fleet consisting of 27 medleys. Soon after, Chandler joined Windish Music as Music Manager recruiting, cultivating and managing all the musicians for the house bands for the Holland America Cruise Line.
- Trumpet Lessons:
- Focus on developing a strong rudimental foundation through a systematic approach using the cornerstone method books.
- Learn the ‘Bobby Shew Method’ which focuses on the biophysical specifics in regard to air compression, aperture & embouchure techniques, etc.
- Study Classical, Lead, Jazz & Commercial techniques.
- Learn about the business and acquire insight to a plethora of topics within the gigging world.
- Jazz Improvisation:
- Available on any instrument and for any level, learn & improve the art of jazz improvisation.
- Learn Jazz theory including chords, scales & nomenclature.
- Study improvisation techniques within different jazz styles & forms.
- Study & analyze solos of legendary artists.
- Arranging (Primarily in jazz & commercial styles with emphasis on horn sections):
- Learn in depth jazz theory
- Learn the specifics & how to write for each instrument pertaining to rhythm section and horns.
- Learn techniques for writing for different sized horn sections ranging from 2-6 pieces.
- Learn transcription techniques.
- Learn techniques for composing unique ideas & incorporating exterior ideas.
- Learn in depth techniques for Finale notation software.
When you choose a class pack, you will receive four lessons with this teaching artist. Lessons are either 30 or 60 minutes in length depending on what works best for the student.
Four (4) Lessons, 30 Minutes Each: $160
Four (4) Lessons, 60 Minutes Each: $300
Have any questions? Please contact us:
Ready to get started?
Please fill out this questionnaire and set up a call for consultation.